Thursday 26 July 2018

Cigar box guitars

I’ve mentioned in a few posts my interest in making cigar box guitars. I don’t play, or perhaps I should just say I play poorly, so for me the fun is in the design and building of these folk instruments. I’ve created 5 or 6 so far but it’s been a year or more since the last one, my attentions being elsewhere in the meantime.

 IMG_0050

Then, a couple of weeks ago, we spent an afternoon at the Stewart Park Music Festival in Perth where I attended a workshop on building cigar box guitars. The presenter, Mark Hunt, referenced a couple of good books on building various folk instruments, two of which were available from Lee Valley Tools. Today my copies arrived in the post.

IMG_0943

So the flame has been rekindled with my next project being to make a canjo from this H-D labeled beer can.

IMG_0935[1]

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Please feel free to comment, but any comments with commercial links will be deleted. You have been warned.