And as any motorcyclist can tell you, the bike they regret selling the most was the last one. It was also their favourite, gaining in stature as every additional year goes by until, several years later, that bike’s qualities have reached mythic proportions. All of which are understated, of course, when it comes to Nortons.
Anyway I was slowly getting over this thing I have for the brand, and then …..
… Norton Motorcycles announces the new Commando 961 SE. (The SE stands for Special Edition which in my mind is redundant in this case. I mean, just look at it.)
- 961 cc parallel twin
- 10.1:1 compression ratio
- 80 PS @ 6500 RPM (approx. 80 HP)
- 90 Nm torque @ 5200 RPM (approx. 72 ft-lbs)
- electronic fuel injection
- carbon fibre wheels, front and rear fenders
- Ohlins reservoir style rear shocks
- Brembo front and rear brakes, and hydraulic clutch
I tell you, the only thing saving me from doing something REALLY stupid is the $26,500 (US) price tag.