Monday 27 April 2009

Overload! Overload! Overload!

SE Service Harrier BMW
This arrived in my in-box today thanks to the folks at Bike EXIF. To be honest, I don’t know quite what to make of this… this… Well, it’s got two wheels so I guess it must be a motorcycle, a motorcycle designed to be the most mechanically complex and visually ugly two-wheeler possible. It’s only lacking a bleeding stag’s head perched over the front wheel to make it a true Viking nightmare.
Perhaps it’s like opera. I can certainly appreciate the talent and skill that goes into the creation of one, and the years upon years of training and practice it takes to perform, but please don’t abuse my senses by making me listen to it. This motorcycle abuses my senses.
To see some videos of its construction and unveiling, go to the Fastbike site. And while you’re there, enjoy the automated translation from Swedish. “See photos and films in the cool odd creation.” left me a bit confused. And “Sneak Titt in Egeland garage :-)” was frankly disappointing. But the comments are pretty funny, my favourite being, “Hahaaa, wonderful videosnutt. Almost as OCC solid with liberating self distance :-) As far as bums feel like the Transformers goes S & M!” And no, I have no clue what he meant by that.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe it was one of the original prototypes behind BMW's "Lo-Rider" concept bike that has been making the MC show rounds lately. Although FUGLY, the engineering behind that single-sided front suspension looks interesting.

    Cheers,
    Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting yes, but you'd probably need a PhD in engineering to do a wheel alignment.

    Way too complex for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just certainly love to give it a try...seems like it's got 1934 or 1932 or thereabouts front forks...look at the triumphs and BSAs of that era.
    A marveloous piece of Engineering and if it works so much the better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Engineering for engineering's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I agree...well said Engineering for nothing basically

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks dangerous to ride. And it looks as if it would kill the effect of the almighty blue pill:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but any comments with commercial links will be deleted. You have been warned.