Monday 18 May 2015

Misty Green

With so many builders out there and so many styles it’s inevitable that some bikes, while beautiful in the eyes of the builder/owner, trigger my gag reflex. And then there are many, many that do nothing at all for me – take it or leave it, could not care less. But then every so often a bike surfaces that, to my eye at least, is so stunning I’m left drooling on my keyboard and wondering if I could afford it if I sold my left arm. (Just kidding about that last bit – how would I clutch?)

Enter Misty Green.

Misty Green

The heart of Misty Green is a 1968 Norton Commando 750cc engine (I’ve had a love affair with the Norton marque forever as some of you may know), and the front end is off a Honda CB550 (Had one of those too; it’s really calling out to me now!) But what I really love about the bike is it’s such a beautifully crafted version of the 60’s and 70’s cafe racers.

I won’t prattle on any more but will simply stare longingly at this photo for a while longer as you hop over to Fuller Moto for more fantastic images and a description of the build.

Sigh…

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more....all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking bike, though I'd find it uncomfortable. I was really fooled by the chrome on the tank. It looks like open space, a very nice effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard - Having ridden cafe style bikes for many years I agree - my back would be killing me after about 50 miles. But my ear-to-ear grin would make up for it.

      Delete
  3. That is Wowzapalooza of a bike! Gorgeous, it looks like art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great looking bike, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canajun - is it art or is it transportation? I think it would look real good parked, as art, in the drive. Sorry, though I appreciate that era and that style I don't want to ride one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VSL - I think it's both, and that's a large part of the appeal for me. I would definitely consider it a daily rider (probably short jaunts only, to be honest) but also display it proudly in the drive when I wasn't riding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is one beautiful machine.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but any comments with commercial links will be deleted. You have been warned.